Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beef with Cheesy Names

Notice the food terms? I do like food. It does not like me as much as it used to; or better put, it likes me too much and wants to hang around much longer than I would like it to!

My girls like to tease each other (lovingly) by calling each other cheese nicknames. Things they do are translated into terms like "macaroni with cheese," "extra cheese pizza," "string cheese," ( for our diminutive daughter), "cheese puffs" (for our round-cheeked girl), etc. You get the picture. This is all done with laughter and joy. Really!

If I could just get them to redirect this creativity toward my blog. It was their idea in the first place! :) I do not like the name of this blog. So I am going to poke fun at it just for something to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

The current name evokes pictures of six unmoving and massive figures like those seen in the Lord of the Rings movies. Kind of creepy. I don't want to be one of those. I have often referred to my "Jensen" legs as "tree-trunk" legs. I really don't wish to be reminded of that every time I log on. That also reminds me too much of the food issue. Hmmm... how about a flowery name like Evergreen? Too reminiscent of an old pop song I never really knew well or liked in the first place.

Branching Out? Tree House? (Nut House in Certain Seasons), Greentrees? Willow? Redwoods and Saplings? Aspen Grove? The Orchard. THE Grove. Groovy Grove. Run, Forest, Run. Magnolia Blossoms for the girls. Alders for the elders. MAPLE for the boy (programming pun). Cedars of Lebanon.

OK, Mockernut Hickories it is. For today.

To see the fine features of this marvelous tree, cut and paste the following link:
http://www.trees-online.com/types_of_trees/mockernut_hickery.shtml

Thanks for enduring this post. And posts are made of trees, so it's all good. (And still corny....ahh, food again....) I'll spare you any additional pain. End of post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's with the name?

Gabrielle Schlosser said...

so you have a biblical BEEF with CHEESY names? :D ;)

The Troyer Family said...

Hi, I found you through the lovely world of blogs!!! How do like being back in Atlanta? I got the blessing of seeing Aliya at the Porters a few weeks ago. Wow, she has grown up and has turned into a beautiful young lady. Wish you were still here in CO :( but hope you are HAPPY down there in the south! ~Jen Troyer

Ronda said...

Hey Jen!

Thank you! Please keep visiting. If you have a blog, I would love to see it. Missing you all!

The Troyer Family said...

I do and it is www.keepitintheshortgrass.blogspot.com
I will keep checking it out!